ABOUT TAS ACADEMY
is an acronym for
Oil & Gas
. The academy was established on a smart collaboration between UMS Link Holdings Sdn. Bhd. (UMSLink) and Silver Kris Sdn. Bhd. (SK) with a shareholding composition of 51 percent UMSLink and 49 percent Silver Kris. UMSLink - Silver Kris is honoured and privileged to be granted by His Excellency Tuan Yang Terutama Tun Datuk Seri Panglima Haji Ahmadshah Bin Abdullah the consent to name the Academy after His Excellency's name. UMSLink is wholly owned by the Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS) was entrusted to endeavor in commercialization and business collaboration for the university. Silver Kris is a private organization that focuses on oil and gas business activities.
The first milestone of the smart partnership was formalized through the signing of the joint venture agreement between the two parties on 17 July 2008. Subsequently, the first joint committee meeting was held on 20 July 2008 to deliberate the direction of the
. The 16 August 2008 marks the most historic and significant occasion for TAS Academy, with Head of State Tuan Yang Terutama Tun Datuk Seri Panglima Tun Datuk Seri Panglima Haji Ahmadshah Bin Abdullah to graciously launched the Academy and witnessed the exchange of the joint venture agreement between UMS Link Holdings Chairman, Datuk K.Y Mustafa, and Silver Kris Executive Chairman, Datuk Iskandar Datuk Malik.
To become a premier academy for the skill and knowledge advancement through highly specialised programmes and research to meet the aspiration of oil and gas industry.
Committed to be a global market provider through the development of high quality and specialized oil and gas training programmes.
- To maintain a level of earning which supports our growth and expansion focus, while sustaining confidence from oil and gas majors around the globe.
- To enhance employability opportunities for science and technical human capital.
- To provide integrated oil and gas training programmes those align with the industry requirements.
- To promote research in the area of human capital development and support services for oil and gas industry.
- To anticipate and to fulfil our customers’ needs in acquiring a high level of quality human capital, through our training programmes.
- To provide a rewarding and challenging career in the oil and gas industries.